16 February 2013 – 2 June 2013
A remarkable series of drawings and paintings made by the artist during the late 1940s, illustrating surgeons at work in operating theatres within Post-War Britain.
Featuring over 30 works, including Hepworth’s sketchbook, the exhibition is the most significant presentation of this extraordinary series to date, comprising key loans from national, public and private collections...read more...
21st February 2013 - 16th June 2013
A celebration of the work of R.B. Kitaj (1932–2007) one of the most significant painters of the post-war period, exhibited concurrently at the Jewish Museum London and Pallant House Gallery, Chichester.
In co-operation with the Jewish Museum Berlin
Featuring a selection of around 70 works, the dual-venue exhibition will be the first comprehensive exploration of the artist's oeuvre since his death and the first major retrospective in the UK since his 1994-5 exhibition at the Tate Gallery....read more...
9th April 2013 – 30th June 2013
De'Longhi Print Room (Free Entry)
The artist Paul Nash (1889–1946) was one of the leading British artists of the early-twentieth century, celebrated for his lyrical depictions of the British landscape, Surrealist imagery and his work as a war artist.
This is the first public showing of the collection of his work amassed by his great friend Clare Neilson which has recently been gifted to Pallant House Gallery through The Art Fund, including important early wood engravings and etchings, photographs, collage, correspondence and illustrated books...read more...
Bouke de Vries: Bow Selector
13th July 2012 – 1st July 2013
Stairwell, Historic House
A new ceramic installation by contemporary artist Bouke de Vries commissioned by Pallant House Gallery to mark the 300th anniversary of the historic house. The intricate piece in the eighteenth century stairwell is constructed from the Gallery's collection of Bow porcelain which consists of over 300 key examples produced between the years 1747 and 1776.
The collection is the most comprehensive record of the output of the Bow factory which was originally situated in the East End of London, on what is now the site of the Olympic Park.